Workingsets

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Feb 16 11:25:42 UTC 2010

On 16.02.10 12:54:17, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 February 2010 12:46:36 Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Monday 15 February 2010, Niko Sams wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The workingsets are a nice idea, and I always thought they are useful
> > > for me and I will use them.
> > > But it turned out that I don't.
> > > Speaking with the other devs here in Berlin only Milian uses them
> > > from time to time.
> > >
> > > So here my question to all:
> > > Who uses workingsets?
> >
> > One main problem with KDevelop4 are the workinsets, namely the difference
> > between editing and debugging. It's fine that there are some extra
> > toolviews needed for debugging that doesn't make sense for editing, but
> > having a different set of opened files makes no sense for me. I end up
> > many times editing in debugging mode, and I need to open the same files
> > again.
>
> I share this concern, FWIW.

I agree as far as what David suggested in another subthread: If the debug
area is automatically opened by kdevelop the workingset should be
transported from code to debug.

However, when going back you probably don't want to have the same
workingset - at least I often visit places I don't want to edit during
debugging - code thats only partly related to the problem (i.e. I'm just
running through it), kde or qt libs for example. So those files shouldn't
be taken back to code area once I've finished debugging.

You will be audited by the Internal Revenue Service.