git support

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 15 17:06:27 UTC 2010

Am Montag 15 Februar 2010 17:26:58 schrieb Aleix Pol:
> Hi,
> As I said I have been trying to get the git plugin to work today.
> I didn't know what was the state of it. I have to say it's not that bad. I
> didn't try any weird cases but at least it's something to work on.
>
> The biggest problem I have found it's that the reviewpatch infrastructure
> doesn't cope properly with git's diff format. I'm not sure how to address
> that, any idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Aleix
I guess the main problem is that git usually prepends "a/" and "b/" to the
paths within the patch, so one needs to use "-p2" or something like that when
using the patch utility.

However I think the used diff-library doesn't support such kinds of prefixes.

I guess the simplest solution would be processing the patches from git,
changing the paths in a way so that they equal the paths used by svn.

To try out what exact preprocessing is required, you can store such a "git
diff" patch, manipulate it manually, and see whether it works right with the
patch-review plugin by loading it manually as a patch-file.

Greetings, David