Can C++ support cope with changing include dirs?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Feb 14 00:19:29 UTC 2010

On 13.02.10 23:07:30, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Samstag 13 Februar 2010 22:33:32 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:

> > > You mean for the parse-job? Just look at
> > > ProjectController::projectLoaded() or similar, there the whole thing is
> > > kicked in.
> >
> > So just to clarify, kicking off a new parse-job for all project files
> > does reparse everything with the new includes/defines? So far I thought
> > that wouldn't happen because all files where already parsed (and didn't
> > change since the first parse).
>
> Maybe I would have to add a rule like "if the include-paths is different, re-
> parse", or even better some tracking whether the changed include-path really
> needs to different found includes. That would be the next problem then.

Ok, so for starters I'll try to find a way to represent the
current configuration in the GUI (I'm currently thinking of a special
item in the tree) and allow to change it which should trigger a parsejob
for the complete project. And then we'll go from there.

You will overcome the attacks of jealous associates.