Can C++ support cope with changing include dirs?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Feb 6 07:41:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

for the custom buildsystem support I'm working on, I'd like to add a
builddir-switcher to the project tree. The idea is to make it easy to
switch between different builddirs of the same source tree (in my
particular case I have 2-4 builddirs with different Qt libs and
different features in the project turned on).

The thing I'm not sure about: Is the C++ support able to work with that?
I'm concerned about wether or not there's a way to let it reparse all
files when the includes and/or defines changed and wether the DUChain is
able to handle this properly, so that it doesn't have to completely
reparse everything once I've enabled all builddirs at least once.

Obviously I want things such as code-completion of non-project classes
work properly once I've changed builddirs.

Or am I better off using separate sessions for each builddir (which
would suck royally, but well...)?

The time is right to make new friends.