Very slow background parsing

Dmitry Risenberg dmitry.risenberg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 22:07:13 UTC 2010

2010/12/30 David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com>:

> At least in C++, this is unfortunately required. The comment there
> basically says it all. Following parsed files may contain references
> to items that are visible only with the added include file. It's
> unprobable that system files reference your project files, but in
> theory they could (you could override a macro, for example).

If it is required, why isn't it done during normal parsing? I mean,
all the system headers are parsed only once, when their include
directive is encountered for the first time. After that they are not
reparsed, but already stored data is taken instead, regardless that
they may be affected by previous includes/macros in the file (at least
this is how I understand the behaviour after having read the log). In
my case, however, the same Qt files get reparsed for every source file
they are included in, which results in a 30+ minutes background
parsing without syntax highlighting - this is unacceptable.

--
Dmitry Risenberg