re commit: 7641959c5c31636cb9f492e76d0f0a3c8b21a82e (don't use file contents for mimetype detection)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Dec 29 17:09:34 UTC 2010

Milian Wolff, 27.11.2010:
> Hey David, (sorry I send that to you in private as well)
>
> how are the files called that you prevent from being checked in
> 7641959c5c31636cb9f492e76d0f0a3c8b21a82e ?
>
> Do they all have a different file extension or none at all, why is that
> cache not taking effect for you?
>
> I'm not sure I like this but well, you are right in that we can always use
> systemsettings -> file associations for custom mimetypes...

*push*

David, this commit is really a pain for web developers and script languages.
Often people in that area use non-standard file extensions to designated e.g.
include files. Drupal for example uses the generic ".inc" extension and with
the change above those files are seen as plain text. It's a huge annoyance and
imo a regression compared to the releases before where this worked just fine.

So again, please tell me what problem you had here and why you did the change.
Imo it is only reasonable for files without any extension, since for the
others the mimetype should only be checked once. I'll integrate a change how
that only prevents mimetype checking for files without any extension, but
please clarify that this was really the issue you had.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de