Python parser ranges

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 25 15:37:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

the python parser is cool, but it doesn't give me quite all the range
information I need. Sometimes, it just gives pointless crap (like, for
foo.bar.baz it tells me that the column offset for baz is 0).
This is easy to fix in the python parser (it's like removing 2 lines),
but it doesn't look like they would change that (see
http://bugs.python.org/issue10769).
If I want to do this in the plugin, it's terribly complicated, as I
kind of have to write my own lexer and stuff... Alternatively, I could
fork the python parser, as it's really only two lines which need to be
changed...

What would you recommend?

Best regards,
Sven