Branching off KDevelop 4.2

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Dec 15 21:11:22 UTC 2010

Hey all,

I'm going to branch off KDevelop 4.2 now to create the first beta release.

Afterwards the release schedule will take affect again (I missed the initial
tagging on monday). See also:

http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/4.2_Release_Schedule

Please concentrate on bug fixing and polishing  now. Big new features should go
into KDevelop master which is going to be open for development.

Just a note: There are still quite a few blockers for KDevelop 4.2 in my eyes:

- rename in CMake being broken once again apparently
- highlighting of files messed up quite frequently
- when multiple files are open (even without split view), highlighting is dead
slow on startup. "close all others" instantly highlights the active document
though
- foreach and other qglobal.h macros being parsed wrongly from time to time.
Opening qglobal.h then refreshing the file where the macro was used fixes this

I have not reported all of these yet since they are not all nicely
reproducible. Will do though.

Bye

PS: Don't forget that we *need* a stable and working KDevelop 4.2 as soon as
KDE 4.6 is released into the wild.
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de