Patch - don't set environment in DvcsJob to parent process' environment in start function

Morten Volden mvolden2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 20:56:01 UTC 2010

Hi All

I currently use DvcsJob from kdevplatform when invoking commands in the
perforce plugin (http://gitorious.org/perforce-plugin). The perforce client
executable will read it's current working directory from the environment
variable PWD. This variable is apperently is not what is set when calling
QProcess::setWorkingDirectory in the DvcsJob constructor.

In DVcsJob::start function there is a call to QProcess::setEnvironment which
sets the environment to that of the parent process (I am told that this is
redundant since Kjob already sets it). My patch simply removes this line so
that a client using DvcsJob can now set the environment of the job.

Regards

Morten