Auto-completion "eats" next symbol

Julien Desgats julien.desgats at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 14:17:04 UTC 2010

Hey,
I've noticed a particularly disturbing behavior (bug?) on
auto-completion : when you type something while there is characters
after cursor, they are erased until the end of word if you use
auto-completion.

For instance if you have ("][" is the cursor)
  f][bar(0);
And auto-completion suggest "foo", if you validate that suggestion,
you will get :
  foo(][0);
As you can see, the "bar" symbol has been erased. I think the correct
behavior should be :
  foo][bar(0);
or
  foo(][bar(0);

But if you are in the following situation :
  f][ bar(0);  // notice the space between the cursor and "bar"
The result of auto-completion will be :
  foo(][) bar(0);

As a result, I'm constantly forced to add spaces in such situations to
avoid auto-completion to eat existing symbols !

So, what do you think about this idea of improvement ?

Regards,
Julien