URGENT: KDevplatform 1.1 branch messed up!

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 3 23:33:10 UTC 2010

On 03.12.10 22:49:39, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Friday 03 December 2010 15:33:34 Aleix Pol wrote:

> > > commits

> > > up?

> > > from

> > > time

> > > Sorry, that is wrong, it should be
> > > c771e056e595757b3eed8677235747cf257fd14c, thats the last one on my
> > > anongit remote in 1.1.
> > >
> > > Andreas
> > >
> > > --
> > > You will be imprisoned for contributing your time and skill to a bank
> > > robbery.
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > Hi,
> > I've reset the repository to the latest good version (thanks to andreas and
> > ponto who guided me).
> >
> > Now there's some work left to do, we should cherry-pick all commits that
> > still apply from master to 1.1.
>
> What do you mean by that? What commits are lost?

Nothing is really lost, but there were several commits to master that
looked like they should've been done to master as well (for example
doc-fixes). Those should be looked at (basically all master commits
since monday) and eventually cherry-picked to 1.1

> And did someone find out who was responsible for this mess-up?

We think (ponto and myself) that Aleix accidentally merged his local
master to 1.1 and pushed that while trying to do the other way around.
But we're not 100% certain. Its unfortunately not always that easy to
reconstruct what went wrong with git (as it doesn't keep track of such
things, except on the machine they actually happened). An unfortunate
accident, that was luckily fixable easily (with a bit of help from
sysadmins to give apol forced-push rights).

You will stop at nothing to reach your objective, but only because your
brakes are defective.