URGENT: KDevplatform 1.1 branch messed up!

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 3 13:01:53 UTC 2010

On 03.12.10 12:55:44, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> the kdevplatform 1.1 branch is totally messed up, it contains lots of commits
> from master?! I don't know why, can someone investigate and clean this up?

I can fix that, but everyone will have to rebase any branches created from
master since f397e9504eff43f85a1e0f15d3272583e6569526 and I won't have time
probably before 11pm or so...

Though basically its easy:

git checkout 1.1
git reset --hard f397e9504eff43f85a1e0f15d3272583e6569526

Then cherry-pick all commits from master that should also be in 1.1, then
git push -f origin 1.1 (the -f is necessary). And last step is to checkout
master and merge the fixed 1.1 once so that possible conflicts can be
resolved.

As far as I can see either you or scripty did this, the above commit seems
to be fine, i.e. it properly merged the 1.1 branch to master (that was
you). But the next commit is the same on master and 1.1 which suggests that
someone reset 1.1 via git reset --hard origin/master (or just master) or
did a rebase --onto in the wrong way.

Maybe notify sysadmins, if it was really scripty?

Don't look now, but there is a multi-legged creature on your shoulder.