[KDevelop] 6fa7873: Increase gdb version check to >= 7.1.0

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Aug 29 18:46:14 UTC 2010

On 29.08.10 13:51:23, Niko Sams wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 12:47, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> >> Sorry - will do the next time.
> >>
> >> Anyone objects the (runtime) requirement in 4.1?
> >
> > I don't want to object, but I'd like to note that Debian testing (and
> > hence the next stable release) will only ship 7.0.1. Can you explain
> > what the new command gains us that wasn't possible before?
> >
> Two MI commands (-var-list-locals and -var-list-arguments) are replaced with
> a single one (-var-list-variables). This makes things easier as the second call
> isn't needed anymore - and the problematic thing about it was that it
> was executed
> after the other update stuff.
> It was originally introduced for the mark-changed-values feature but I
> guess it could
> be reverted without any loss of features - some workaround might be
> needed though.
>
> If you think it's better to revert that I'll add the gdb 7.1
> dependency after 4.1 branched.

Well, Debian is just one distro and there's going to be 4.2 released
even before their next planned stable release and that one will depend
on 7.1 7.1 was released roughly 6 months ago. Don't really know, anybody
knows whats up with other major distro's, are they shipping a new
release in the next 2-4 months that would carry gdb 7.1?

Time to be aggressive.  Go after a tattooed Virgo.