Request for review: Grepview plugin rewrite

Syron mr.syron at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 28 14:39:24 UTC 2010

> That only shows that there's no significant difference between QRegExp
> and pcre. a 16second difference in 220 seconds is not that much. Neither
> is the 5 second difference in 31 total.
I forgot to mention that the search for the files is included in the
timings, which took 10-15s, so there _is_ actually a difference for
complex regexps.
Despite of that, pcre also supports more character sets like [[:alnum:]]
and other useful sequences, which, IMHO, is another reason to use pcre.
> Thats actually wrong. At lesat Java allows to use various unicode ranges
> in identifiers and I bet you can find more languages. Also KDevelop is
> not the only user of KDevPlatform, there's at least quanta too which
> often has lots and lots of human-readable text to grep through.
OK, that's a point against pcre. I'm thinking about to have the user decide which engine he wants to use.
-- Syron