IDocumentation::documentationWidget

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun Aug 22 19:33:12 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 22.08.10 19:51:43, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Well, it is disabled by default so if the documentation provider is not
> > interested on supporting search he will find it disabled.
> >
> > I can improve the documentation if you consider necessary, just tell me
> what
> > is what you're missing. :)
>
> IMHO David is right, if a idocumentation should provide some kind of
> find-widget there should be a separate virtual function to retrieve that
> and that function should return 0 by default.
>
> Andreas
>
> --
> You will have domestic happiness and faithful friends.
>
> --

Erm.. no, it's not how it works, the thing is that when we provide the
documentation widget we get a find widget argument that we can use to pass
and decide if it will be supported (by enabling the widget) and to connect
to the signals it provides if necessary. I'm planning to provide more
options there, like making it possible to customize some actions inside the
find widget from the provider but it's not added yet.

Aleix