Question about threading

Syron mr.syron at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 20 07:07:04 UTC 2010

I cannot figure out how to make my grepview plugin asynchronous. I currently
have done the following:

The class GrepJob is derived from OutputJob and IStatus. The method start()
calls "QTimer::singleShot( 0, this, SLOT(slotWork()) )", as suggested by the
docs from Qt. In slotWork(), I have several calls to showProgres(...), but I
still cannot get rid of the UI blocking.
I had a look at BackgroundParser, but cannot figure out how it works
exactly.

Can somebody enlighten me on how to get it asynchronous?

Thanks in advance,
-- Syron