Request for review: Okteta plugin 0.1.0 for KDevelop 4.0

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Aug 12 21:11:28 UTC 2010

Hi,

now that Okteta 0.5.0 is released, also all the headers for the Okteta libs
are published for the first time, so that 3rd-party developers can make use of
these libs in their software. Well, also 1st-party developers :)

Thus I just gave some polish to the Okteta plugin for KDevelop 4.0 I started
at the Kate-KDevelop sprint in Berlin early this year. I think it is ready for
a first release now. Find it at
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-
plugins/okteta/

Now I wonder:
What to do? :)
Where (repo, folder) would the released branch of the plugin end?
How/where do I develop the version for KDevelop 4.1?

So could someone please review the code and help with adding it to the
official plugins (if accepted as such)? Millian, at Akademy you showed
interest to help with this, still possible? :)

There is still one problem (but on KDevelop side):
in the filesystem tool in the RMB menu all actions from plugins are added once
more if the menu gets shown, so by the time appear x times. Alexander, at
Akademy you said you have a fix for this, but I still see this with what I get
if I compile the kdevplatform 1.0 and kdevelop 4.0 branches. Strangely enough
the KDevelop (1.0.0, 4.0.0) I use here on (K)Ubuntu does not have this
problem. Will this be ixed in 4.0.2/1.0.x? Could I help?

Some blog blabla for more background:
http://frinring.wordpress.com/2010/02/16/okteta-going-for-kdevelop-and-kate/
http://frinring.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/akademy-development-catalysator/

Cheers