seamless project model update

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Aug 7 11:45:00 UTC 2010

On 07.08.10 13:30:12, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Monday 12 July 2010 13:08:25 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > It was 4am and Q_DECLARE_METATYPE was giving me problems. yes it should be
> > possible
>
> *revive*
>
> what happened to this? I'd still like to see the seamless update very much :)

I posted the results of my experiments in another thread afaik, its not
useful to add locking to the project model (and also not really doable
as we don't control the complete API).

And 'scheduling' the addition to the model into the main thread would
require the foreground lock from the movingranges branch (I don't see
any necessity to replicate that code just for this single feature).

Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.