Movingranges branch

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Aug 6 17:33:51 UTC 2010

On Thursday 05 August 2010 12:14:56 David Nolden wrote:
> Hi, I'm using the
movingranges branche routinely now, and it works
> very good. I haven't seen
a crash for a long time, and also most bugs
> seem to be sorted out.

think now would be the right time to merge the branch into the main
> devel
branch. Then we should stabilize it, and do a release within the
> next
months, so we have something that runs nicely with KDE 4.5. We
> don't need
to include the SOC branches at that point in the release if
> they're not
ready.

New developments: Squeeze was frozen today and will ship with KDE
4.4.

Since I can imagine quite a few people using that in the years to
come, should we release a 4.1 without the MovingRanges branch merged (since
that would make us depend on 4.5?). Or should we continue to put bug fixes
into KDev 4.0?

I'd actually personally opt for releasing a 4.1 now that
still works with KDE 4.4, since e.g. Andreas patches to delay the DUChain
acquisition fixes a pesky crash on shutdown and is not really backportable
(or is it?).

What do you guys think?
--
Milian