Possible clash in ~/.kdevduchain

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Aug 2 13:48:42 UTC 2010

Hello,

I just noticed that in theory the stored duchain caches in ~/.kdevduchain may
clash when we have more and more applications using KDevplatform.

The reason is:

- sessions are stored in  ~/.kde/share/apps/$APP/sessions/$SESSION
- all applications store their chains in ~/.kdevduchain/$SESSION though

so if two apps have by chance the same session hash, it will lead to a clash
in the duchain cache.

How should we solve this? Afaik now that the chain loading is delayed, we can
access KAboutData or what it was to get the name of the application. That
would mean we can do something like:

~/.kdevduchain/$app/$SESSION

otoh we could directly move this stuff to
~/.kde/share/apps/$APP/$SESSION/duchain

Maybe the latter is even better as it's clear that only app data is stored
there... What do you think?

Moving it to .kde/share/apps would make it clearly harder to clean the chain
though. I'd hence also add some more cli-arguments to kdevelop (and quanta) to
clean a chain.

Something like:

kdevelop --wipe-duchain --session $name

Bye