kdevelop/kdevplatform git repo's are ok [was: Freezes and Git Migration]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Apr 27 22:11:33 UTC 2010

On 25.04.10 22:07:47, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> This means that from Apr. 28th until we're in git there'll be complete
> commit freeze (with the exception of 28th - May 1st for release-critical
> bugfixes like wrong version numbers or build-problems).
>
> If everything goes well we should have a git repo up and running within
> a few days (which I'll announce here of course). Once we have I'll
> replace the content of the two directories with a README pointing to the
> git repository. I'm not sure what to do about the existing branches, but
> since there's no active ones there's enough time to handle that.

Just a small 'yippee it works' message for everybody. While most of the
work was already done, there's been some minor things I've left lying
for a while. I've picked those up tonight and verified that both the
kdevelop and kdevplatform git repositories generated according to the
kdevelop-rules and kdevplatform-rules files seem to have proper history.
It won't be 100% accurate due to some mess done during the cvs to svn
migration, but it should be good enough to do a small time-travel if
anyone feels like it :)

While I've re-generated the cvs2svn-messed-up tags this time with 100%
accurate date-info (author will be me, no easy way to change that), I'll
probably go for "just" the correct date as doing this for 10+ tags is
rather tedious...

So I'm good to go, Niko is quanta ready and the history verified? I
assume kdevelop-php and kdevelop-php-docs are no-brainers...

Think twice before speaking, but don't say "think think click click".