Freezes and Git Migration

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Apr 26 07:43:20 UTC 2010

On 26.04.10 07:36:06, Niko Sams wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 01:25, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > and doing bugfixes is as easy as possible (check
> > out the oldest branch that has the bug, fix it there, wait until it
> > propagates upwards).
> I think that is problematic, as I have to wait up to one month until the
> bugfix is in master (where I do most development)

No, thats wrong, most development should be done in feature branches not
in master.

> Is it possible to immediately (semi-)automatically merge the bugfix commits
> upwards? Or decide this case-by-case?

You can always cherry-pick commits for grave bugs, git will handle that
when finally merging the stable branch.

We can also do it more often, once a week for example.

You are a fluke of the universe; you have no right to be here.