Fwd: MovingCursor + Ranges, Features

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.de
Thu Apr 22 21:06:11 UTC 2010

Niko Sams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you (David?) take a look at this?
> I think we should give some feedback....

And all keep in mind: what is not in moving*.h in ktexteditor in KDE 4.5,
will be away in KDE 4.6.

smart*.h stuff won't be any longer implemented then in kate part.

Therefore: what is missing for you there now (beside stuff like
convenience non-virtual functions that for sure are still missing but
can be added even after 4.5), should be said now.

I still have enough spare time to implement missing stuff before 4.5,
and if I won't be able to implement stuff crucial for you but feasible,
I might relay the smart* purging to 4.7.

(but please don't scream words like threadsafety, you are better off
with your on BKL or some workqueue)