VCS interface

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Apr 22 16:39:36 UTC 2010

On 22.04.10 17:54:22, Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi,
> There's a bug that's being triggered from the git plugin when commiting
> sometimes.
> The problem is in this line:
> kdevplatform/vcs/widgets/vcscommitdialog.cpp:261. The git support is
> returning a null job, I was about to add an if there just to check if it has
> to be run but I was wondering then if we will have to do that on every case
> and add documentation for that. So what do you think we should do there?
>
> SVN and CVS suppoort never return null jobs, do they?

Without looking at the code: A vcs plugin should never return a null job,
even if the parameters are wrong it should still create a job and let that
job fail early on inside of start(). Hence git returning a null job for an
interface method means its breaking the interface. This may mean we need to
split out the function from the interface.

Your reasoning powers are good, and you are a fairly good planner.