proposal for kdevelop.org new website design

Sam S. smls75 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 05:20:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've put up what I have so far at
http://sam.megabyet.net/kdevelop-website-design/ - including the
original SVG file from which the individual images can be "cut out".

I must admit I really intended to have made more progress up to this
point, but a couple of exams I had during the past few weeks have kept
me from concentrating on non-study-related stuff for longer periods of
time. I hope you're not mad... :-)

The images needed for assembling the page header and footer are
already there though, including proof-of-concept implementations for
the tricky parts.

The stuff that's still missing (i.e. all those round-border,
gradient-background boxes in the main part of the document - still
having a hard time with those) I'm going to finish and upload during
the next couple of days. Unless someone else beats me to it (which is
also fine).

By the way: back when I originally posted the idea for the new webpage
design, I think someone mentioned it might be possible to ask the KDE
artists team to create a revamped KDevelop logo for the 4.0 release,
and by extension, maybe a new title banner/logo for the website... Has
anything happened there?
For the new design, there is currently no such logo graphic which
could be used, so one *needs* to be created... I don't think Amilcar
will approve of leaving that space at the top of each page blank...
;-)

Cheers,
Sam