Release Announcement

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Apr 19 09:14:38 UTC 2010

On 19.04.10 09:59:07, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> On Monday 19 April 2010 09:09:46 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > I'd like some input on the release announcement for 4.0. Obviously it
> > needs to be a bit more than just 'we've released 4.0, happy using'. What
> > do you think should be included (I'll try to make a fresh screenshot or
> > two), in particular which features should I describe in a bit more
> > detail? What are our strongest points compared to other C++ IDE's out
> > there?
> Wish we could write:
>  * Stable
>
> But perhaps we should rather point out the fact that it is not quite steady-
> as-a-rock yet? Better to have users prepared than disappointed.

Actually, thats not quite true. Its very stable around here and (AFAIK)
also for all other developers. Sure there are ways to make it crash, just
as with about every other software (including the rock-solid kdev3, very
easy ones in fact). But calling the first stable release not stable simply
makes no sense.

You are fairminded, just and loving.