Release Announcement

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Mon Apr 19 07:59:07 UTC 2010

On Monday 19 April 2010 09:09:46 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I'd like some input on the release announcement for 4.0. Obviously it
> needs to be a bit more than just 'we've released 4.0, happy using'. What
> do you think should be included (I'll try to make a fresh screenshot or
> two), in particular which features should I describe in a bit more
> detail? What are our strongest points compared to other C++ IDE's out
> there?

Well, the DUchain and friends, really. Features such as (in no particular
order):

* Show all usages
* Navigate to declarations/definitions
* Rename variable and other refactorings
* As-you-type syntax checking
* Semiautomatic #include's and forward declarations
* completion showing eligible functions, including types and documentation
* integration with Qt documentation
* completion prioritising type-matching arguments
* automatic sync of function definitions and declarations
* No-configuration direct opening of CMakeLists.txt and you are ready to go.
* Create a class and have it semi-automatically added to a relevant target in
your CMakeLists.txt

probably more.

Wish we could write:
 * Stable

But perhaps we should rather point out the fact that it is not quite steady-
as-a-rock yet? Better to have users prepared than disappointed.

--
kind regards, Esben