Tracking a CMakeProjectManager bug

Victor Vicente de Carvalho victor.v.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 15:41:54 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've been facing a bug on CMakeProjectManager, and been able to trace it at
some point, but haven't figured how to solve it:

When I try to rename a file inside a subfolder, I'm actually getting more
than one target for renaming, and thus kdevelop is crashing on an assertion:

in file: projectmanagers/cmake/cmakemanager.cpp:1295
on method
bool CMakeManager::renameFile(ProjectFileItem* it, const KUrl& newUrl)

when i try to rename a file there, the folowing line:

     QList<ProjectFileItem*> files=it->project()->filesForUrl(it->url());

is returning more than one file with the same name, and thus giving me 2
targets, and I don't have two files named the same.
Then when this is called:

in file: projectmanagers/cmake/cmakemanager.cpp:1331

    e.addDocuments(IndexedString(lists), IndexedString(lists));

the assertion in file  language/codegen/applychangeswidget.cpp:129
on method
void ApplyChangesWidget::addDocuments(const IndexedString & original, const
IndexedString & modified)

    Q_ASSERT(files.first != original);

is failing trying to insert the file CMakeLists.txt two times.

Why is "CMakeLists.txt" is being added every time on renameFile?

Hope that this can be understandable :D