extragear/sdk/kdevelop/app

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 17 16:52:19 UTC 2010

2010/4/17 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> On 17.04.10 18:04:22, David Nolden wrote:
>> SVN commit 1115826 by zwabel:
>>
>> Integrate the foreground lock.
>
> I _strongly_ object to this. Its clearly too late to do this for 4.0. If
> you want to release kdevelop4.0 with this code, then please do so yourself
> I'm not going to do that.

The code that I've committed until now alone does exactly nothing, it
just makes the lock available. It is true that I'm just now working on
actually using it in the duchain to make stuff easier and independent
of the smart lock, but I guess you're right. Moving away from the
smart-lock would make KDevelop a much more stable in long-run, but in
(very) short term it might cause new regressions.

But why does it bother you so much to have the foreground lock
available at all? Even if we don't use it to deprecate the smart-lock
(yet), we can still use it to fix some bugs properly, for example the
one that caused the huge discussion on kwrite-devel.