Laying down the maintainer-hat

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Apr 10 11:33:07 UTC 2010

On 10.04.10 11:51:27, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > first of all: Don't run away in fear, I'm not going to do it today or
> > tomorrow. I'll keep wearing it until the 4.0 release and we've switched
> > to git.
> >
> > However, I'm not going to do further releases after 4.0.0, I'm sorry.
> > Right now doing anything kdevelop related (bug-squashing, bugfixing,
> > code-writing, discussion and all the maintainer obligations) feels much
> > more like work, then what I'm being paid for. Its really no fun anymore
> > for me and I don't want to spend the little spare time I have with
> > non-fun stuff.
> >
> > I'm not planning to vanish, in fact I hope to revive my motivation to
> > code again by laying down the maintainer-burden. But we'll have to find
> > somebody else who takes on the steering wheel and the maintainer job.
> >
> > Again, I'm sorry, but I need to do this for my own (mental) health.
>
> As said, this is bad news. I appreciate your work, both by quantity and
> quality. Thank you!
>
> Said that, I think that maybe we should reconsider to get back in KDE when
> things are stable again. If releasing ourselves is such a big deal we want
> to have that done. We are all technical people and I think we all prefer to
> center on our code and features more than on such management, but we don't
> have to decide that now, of course.

That only really takes away the technical part, you're still supposed to
have a release coordinator who can be contacted and who monitors the
release-team list. Also the feature pages on techbase would need to be
updated by someone for new releases so that the promo-team can come up
with proper announcement texts.

You will have a long and boring life.