Hide debug toolbar outside of debug area

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Apr 10 08:54:40 UTC 2010

On 10.04.10 08:47:21, Niko Sams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The debug toolbar should really not be avaliable in code area, this is
> especially annoying
> for the first-time start of kdevelop.
>
> With the following patch the toolbar gets shown/hidden on area switching.
> Issues:
> - It's a dirty hack and should be solved properly

Yeah, but I don't think this will happen for KDE 4.5.

> - When the user shows/hides the toolbar himself this is overriden on
> the next area switch

Hmm, we'd be getting bugreports about that. Is there some xmlgui hook to
get notified when the toolbar is hidden/shown by the user? Or we could
simply hook onto the Qt signals for show/hide and remember if the debug
toolbar is shown and its not by us switching the area.

Yes I know it gets even more hacky, so if it starts to get too ugly we
can still just live with the bugreports.

You will remember something that you should not have forgotten.