Laying down the maintainer-hat

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Apr 9 22:05:50 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,

first of all: Don't run away in fear, I'm not going to do it today or
tomorrow. I'll keep wearing it until the 4.0 release and we've switched
to git.

However, I'm not going to do further releases after 4.0.0, I'm sorry.
Right now doing anything kdevelop related (bug-squashing, bugfixing,
code-writing, discussion and all the maintainer obligations) feels much
more like work, then what I'm being paid for. Its really no fun anymore
for me and I don't want to spend the little spare time I have with
non-fun stuff.

I'm not planning to vanish, in fact I hope to revive my motivation to
code again by laying down the maintainer-burden. But we'll have to find
somebody else who takes on the steering wheel and the maintainer job.

Again, I'm sorry, but I need to do this for my own (mental) health.

You will be a winner today.  Pick a fight with a four-year-old.