extragear/sdk/kdevelop/app

VestniK vestnik at ngs.ru
Fri Apr 9 11:01:31 UTC 2010

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:23:58 +0300
  Alexander Dymo <alexander.dymo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 08.04.10 22:58:15, Alexander Dymo wrote:
>> > SVN commit 1112693 by dymo:
>> > Say bye-bye to these useless kate part toolbar
>>actions: save, save as,
>> > undo, redo... no more!
>>
>> I agree about undo, redo and save as..., but not save.
>>IMHO thats a very
>> common action and hence needs to be in the toolbar.
> Well, you know, I strongly disagree. If the user can't
>hit ctrl-s or find the
> action in the menu, he's not our user.

Hi

I pres ctrl+s if my fingers on the keyboard, but if do
some modifications with mouse I click this toolbar button.

Example: I've copied something by mouse and inserted it
somewhere by middle button clicking and now want to save
modified file. Or I've done some coding switched to
browser to check some questions in some API documentation
(a lot of mouse work) then returned back to KDevelop and
found that I forgot to save my changes. In such situation
necessity to go to menu will be really annoying. At least
15-20% of save file operations I'm doing with this toolbar
action.

Kind regards
--
   Sergey Vidyuk