What's missing for 4.0

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Mon Sep 21 16:49:41 UTC 2009

>> and fix the website (it's horrible, seriously).
>
> Same problem as anywhere else: Nobody wants to do it and none of us is
> good enough at web-design. However IMHO the current page is already a
> vast improvement over the one we had last year around this time.

What is wrong with the website ??
It is the best website that I know of. It has tons of info and it's easy
to find the info that you need.
It lacks information about KDevelop4, yes. But that is mostly because the
coders that code KDev4 do not have the time to write webpages about it.
But other than that:
1. Do you know websites that update change logs every hour ?
2. Keep easy ways to translate the website.
3. Provide visitor statistics.
4. Use visitor statistics to promote the most visited pages on the top of
the site.
5. Use PURE css for layout and design, and pure html for content
(content/presentation paradigm)
6. Load on mobile platforms in a speedy way because the content is
transmited first and the menus are on the bottom of the page.
7. The autors page (credits) gets updated automaticaly with every SVN commit.
8. RSS feeds are generated for commits on all active KDevelop branches.

.... and many more. I'm away from the code and can not remember the rest
of the feature.

So please do not send: "the website sucks" kind of comments. Give direct
and detailed critics, and it will get fixed, improved.
There is no need to rewrite the website from scratch. It has already been
done several times.