kWarning() broken!

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Sep 18 00:40:40 UTC 2009

Hey people!

Something makes kWarning() output _nothing_ at all.

I just spent 2h debugging a problem in the PHP plugin to finally find it and saw
that I _should_ have seen it directly: there should have been a kWarning()
message emitted.

I deleted my kdebugrc, enabled _all_ areas in kdebugdialog, no change. Also
note: kDebug() works just fine!

I tried around, didn't work in any kdevelop plugin. Also added it to a
KTextEditor plugin, which showed the same behaviour...

Can someone reproduce this issue or is it something local on my machine?
Oh and note: In a simple hello-world-like app kWarning worked just fine!

Do you have an idea what might be the issue?

I find this very critical as kWarnings should _always_ be shown! Right now it's
really the worst-case scenario...

Thanks and have a good night
--
Milian Wolff