add something a la CodeModelItem::visibility ?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Sep 17 17:54:54 UTC 2009

hey all, esp. david:

I'd like to extend the CodeModelItem to have a bool (or is an enum
required?) for it's visibility.

Essentially, in PHP's code completion, we check the ::kind variable
whether that kind is a global variable and hence needs to be added to
the code completion model.

Problem: constants (e.g. define('foo', true);) are global, and hence
should be added as well.

I'm a bit hesitant to add something like ` ... || item.kind ==
CodeModelItem::Variable ` as that is potentially pretty slow... I mean
right now the time between requesting a completion list with all
available items and it showing up _is_ noticable... I'd rather not make
it (potentially a lot) slower...

If I'd had something like CodeModelItem::visibility / ::isGlobal that
would allow me to add only item's i'd really need.

Would that be possible? Or do I have to use what is there?
--
Milian Wolff
http://milianw.de