Extreme display corruption

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Sep 15 19:11:04 UTC 2009

Kishore, 15.09.2009:
> On Tuesday 15 Sep 2009 3:34:25 pm Milian Wolff wrote:
> > Kishore wrote:

> > > For more information, this netbook is running Kubuntu Karmic with intel
> > > graphics driver version 2.8.1 using xserver-xorg version 1.6.3
> > > Qt: 4.5.2
> > > KDE: 4.3.1 (KDE 4.3.1)
> > > KDevelop: 3.9.95 (using KDevPlatform 0.9.95) (compiled from sources)
> >
> > What kind of intel is that? I have one myself at home and will give you
> > my setup later on. Though I have still Jaunty, but a lot of backported
> > intel drivers.
> >
> > I'll get back to you later today.
>
> GMA 950.

$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

libdrm-intel1:
Version: 2.4.13~git-0ubuntu0tormod~jaunty
xserver-xorg-video-intel:
Version: 2:2.8.99.901~git20090914.c2abfa8e-0ubuntu0tormod~jaunty
kernel:
2.6.30-020630-generic
Qt version 4.5.2

And I have no problem with -graphicssystem raster

Maybe a regression in karmic?

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de