Splash screen

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Oct 31 18:58:29 UTC 2009

On 31.10.09 21:02:37, Ruan Strydom wrote:
> The code does a QTimer::singleShot(0, splash, SLOT(deleteLater())) and does
> not completely disable it because of the event loop and async events.

Not sure I understand what you mean? One thing I'm planning to do is to
actually have a signal emitted from Core::initialize() to connect that to
the deleteLater().

> If there 's going to be a splash screen will it be static or will it show
>
> If you need a more intelligent splash class, capable of settings statuses etc,
> I can write the code for it if needed?

KSplashScreen can already show messages etc. But I didn't think thats
overly useful. After all this Splashscreen is not there for "hiding" that
kdevelop needs long to start up, so there's no need to say what we're doing
right now.

You'll never see all the places, or read all the books, but fortunately,
they're not all recommended.