Shortcuts to toggle Dockwidgets

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Oct 30 07:45:23 UTC 2009

On 29.10.09 18:10:46, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Thursday, 29. October 2009 15:42:26 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 29.10.09 15:42:31, Milian Wolff wrote:
> > > Imo what we _should_ do is the following (much work, I fear)... And I'll
> > > be the one to do it:
> >
> > First of all: I have never used more than one toolview of a given type in
> > KDevelop4 nor do I see the need for that. The only usecase I can think of
> > is the embedded konsole. So maybe we should first try to simply limit that
> > on the toolviews, i.e. each can exist only once within a mainwindow, but a
> > toolview can ask to be "duplicateable".
> >
> > Second, IMHO the initial way to navigate among toolviews should work
> > similar to the documentswitcher plugin or as you said a quickopen provider.
>
> Yes. I think I'll try to make the documentswitcher have the same GUI as
> quickopen and provide something like that also for toolviews.

No way. I want the documentswitcher exactly as it is right now. Thats
not what I said. I said either allow switching toolviews like the
documentswitcher does (i.e. a popup list with a two shortcuts to walk
forward/backward) or make it like quickopen.

> > We don't necessarily need to have these show up in the
> > shortcut config dialog, especially if we add the shortcut to the text of
> > the toolbutton or the title of the toolview.
>
> If you say so. Though I personally would opt for consistency. Want to add a
> shortcut for something? It's a KDE app => show in the shortcuts dialog. Can't
> find something? Shortcut does not exist.

Thats true, maybe I just don't care enough personally :)

> > These actions will be
> > dynamically re-created during loading of kdevelop and that should be doable
> > _after_ all views have been re-created (i.e. after area-setup). And storage
> > of these actions will simply be another field in the [View 1] group in the
> > kdeveloprc file.
>
> I think I can hack that together with my current approach: In your other mail
> you requested a patch, here it is again:
>
> http://mwolff.pastebin.com/fcf2bd4a

Thanks, I'll have a look at that tonight.

> Lets see if I can "fix" the loading/saving part, i.e. not save the actions to
> the kdevelopui.rc but to kdeveloprc [View 1] and load it accordingly. Should
> be hackable somehow...

That should be rather easy as you can always to a setShortcut() on a
given action to change its shortcut. So we might end up with those
actions in the xmlgui file, but whatever is written there will simply
be overridden by the setting that belongs to our gui-layout-data.

You recoil from the crude; you tend naturally toward the exquisite.