Shortcuts to toggle Dockwidgets

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Oct 29 14:42:26 UTC 2009

On 29.10.09 15:42:31, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Imo what we _should_ do is the following (much work, I fear)... And I'll be
> the one to do it:

First of all: I have never used more than one toolview of a given type in
KDevelop4 nor do I see the need for that. The only usecase I can think of
is the embedded konsole. So maybe we should first try to simply limit that
on the toolviews, i.e. each can exist only once within a mainwindow, but a
toolview can ask to be "duplicateable".

Second, IMHO the initial way to navigate among toolviews should work
similar to the documentswitcher plugin or as you said a quickopen provider.

IMHO adding a shortcut to show/hide a toolview should be done by having a
contextmenu to set it up and then dynamically create an action for it
during runtime. We don't necessarily need to have these show up in the
shortcut config dialog, especially if we add the shortcut to the text of
the toolbutton or the title of the toolview. These actions will be
dynamically re-created during loading of kdevelop and that should be doable
_after_ all views have been re-created (i.e. after area-setup). And storage
of these actions will simply be another field in the [View 1] group in the
kdeveloprc file.

You prefer the company of the opposite sex, but are well liked by your own.