Shortcuts to toggle Dockwidgets

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Oct 29 09:19:18 UTC 2009

On 29.10.09 02:52:49, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Yep, another mail from me...
>
> I tried to fix an issue that I personally find very grave: The lack of user
> definable shortcuts to toggle a _specific_ dock widget, say documentation or
> projects.
>
> Here's my first take on it that looks good to me (central place, every dock
> widget gets this feature automagially). It even does what it should do:
>
> http://mwolff.pastebin.com/fcf2bd4a
>
> Big problem: this stuff is not saved across kdevelop restarts. Got some
> feedback from #kde-devel, turns out that my whole approach is wrong... Which
> is a pity!
>
> The shortcuts get saved in kdevelopui.rc, but they are not associated with
> their actions on restart, since at the time this mapping is done the actions
> are not in the action collection or something like that...
>
> I was told that these actions should go _in each plugin_, and _each plugin_
> should provie a $PLUGINui.rc ...

Not "each" plugin, but any plugin that wants a toolview (openwith for
example has no such thing). And as Niko said all plugins are xmlguiclients
or are able to provide one (we actually need to create plugin-independent
clients to be able to use multiple mainwindows).

You will be run over by a beer truck.