Shortcuts to toggle Dockwidgets

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Oct 29 01:52:49 UTC 2009

Yep, another mail from me...

I tried to fix an issue that I personally find very grave: The lack of user
definable shortcuts to toggle a _specific_ dock widget, say documentation or
projects.

Here's my first take on it that looks good to me (central place, every dock
widget gets this feature automagially). It even does what it should do:

http://mwolff.pastebin.com/fcf2bd4a

Big problem: this stuff is not saved across kdevelop restarts. Got some
feedback from #kde-devel, turns out that my whole approach is wrong... Which
is a pity!

The shortcuts get saved in kdevelopui.rc, but they are not associated with
their actions on restart, since at the time this mapping is done the actions
are not in the action collection or something like that...

I was told that these actions should go _in each plugin_, and _each plugin_
should provie a $PLUGINui.rc ...

Any idea how I could do that? Lets take the documentation dock widget as an
example... I can't get the toggle action, can I? Means I have to reinvent the
wheel and make some action that calls the UIController. Probably have to add a
Toggle value to the findToolView FindFlags...

But I have no idea whatsoever I have to do in order to get a $PLUGINui.rc - I
mean that plugin is not based of KXMLGUI, is it?

Help!

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de