KDevelop does not handle add_definitions in cmake files

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 26 21:29:29 UTC 2009

Am Montag 26 Oktober 2009 21:59:44 schrieb BogDan Vatra:
>   I manage to test kdevelop/projectmanager/cmake/cmakemanager.cpp it
> seems it works very well (for my test), but I can't find where
> defines() method is used in  kdevelop/languages/cpp  :(
>
> 2009/10/24, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > Actually both the CMake support and the C++ support do use the
> > definitions from the cmake file (according to the code which I looked on
> > a few weeks ago).
I think the cpp support doesn't use them. I guess those defines would need to
be handled somewhere in cppparsejob.cpp in a similar fashion to the include
paths, which means:
In the foreground, ask the project-manager for the #defines, reach it back
into the background thread using that thread-safe interface which is also used
for include paths, and then somehow reach the whole thing to the preprocessor.
The macros have to be put into the ParsingEnvironment which is returned by
"standardEnvironment()" or similar.

I haven't looked at the actual code, I'm just giving pointers to the correct
direction out of my memory.

Greetings, David