Crash on mutex

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 25 17:38:02 UTC 2009

Am Freitag 23 Oktober 2009 01:39:33 schrieb Patrick Spendrin:
> Hi,
>
> before the error itself:
> I am working on Windows, so very likely you will not be able to
> experience the error yourself.
>
> When I start kdevelop I get a crash almost instantly in
> kdevplatformlanguage which I could trace back into
> kdevplatform/language/duchain/repositories/itemrepository.h:229
> The problematic part is not the setMutex but rather the call to
> repository repositoryMutex() which makes it crash.
>
> Even though I tried really hard, I couldn't get a proper backtrace,
> though I could reproduce this problem by only linking to
> kdevplatformlanguage (it seems to be some static object which breaks
>  there).
>
> If I comment out line 228 & 229 everything seems to work so far, so now
> my question is if you can help me fix this problem.
>
> regards,
> Patrick
>
> p.s.: there are nightly packages available already with the newest
> kdewin-installer (check in package manager mode) but this of course
> doesn't make much sense until kdevelop doesn't crash right away.

Hi, I've seen you already disabled these lines on windows for now. Disabling
that line may cause random (but probably seldom) deadlocks, so it should be at
least marked with a fat @todo.

The problem is that the construct is used from multiple different places, so a
backtrace would really be needed to at least have a clue of what's going on.

Greetings, David