KDevelop Hackathon 2010

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:01:49 UTC 2009

On Monday 19 October 2009 20:05:31 Milian Wolff wrote:
> So far, many said that Berlin would be great. I personally don't really
>  care, as long as we do another sprint :) The last one was much fun.
> If we'd opt for Berlin, we'd have to do it somewhere between 15.02.2010 to
> 12.04.2010. I'd have to clear the bureaucracy stuff before that to check if
>  it is really possible for me to host the sprint at the FU-Berlin / Physics
>  department. I have good hopes, though you never know ;-) bureaucracy...
Ah, it's great to hear that :)

> To Adymo, or anyone else with experience:
> If I'd host the sprint, what actions would be required? I assume I'd have
>  to apply for funding at KDE e.V.?
Yeah, they do have some budget for developer meetings. I estimated our budget
(it was 2500 Euro) and sent them for approval. It turned out that we spent
less, but that's ok :)

Last year e.V. started planning this budget in late January / early February.
I think you should ask them about this now, and then wait until next year for
the final approval.

>  Afaik accommodations where sponsored by KDE e.V. in Ukraine.
Actually by me and my company :) But we had enough money from e.V. to cover
accommodations as well.

>  The flights where "personal" and each one of us  applied for funding
separately.
Yep. Same can be done for accommodations.