Plugin

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 05:39:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 00:30, Jonathan Schmidt-Dominé - Developer
<devel at the-user.org> wrote:
> Hi Ruan!
>
>> Can I send attachments, I tried to send a screen-shot the other day and got
>> lost in cyberspace (the mail not me :)? Can I send a tgz?
> I had the same problem with huge generated files (no SVN-account, too).
> Attachments are allowed, but 500kB is definitely too much. (I don't know the
> exact limit, 500 was too much ;)) Of course you can send archives. (gz or bz2)
>
>> > tips?
>>
>> 1) Want to know if its correct to bind against kdevcpplanguagesupport when
>> plug-ins is loaded and forms part of kdevplatform? (I did not though, as
>>  this is meant for more languages)
> I think, that is not correct. You should never link against plugins. The
> design-rules say: Modify the plugin or try not to use kdevcpplanguagesupport-
> features.
but you can:
* use ILanguageSupport and probably extend it
* create a new interface the language plugins can implement
If your plugin is language independent, it doesn't really make sense
to link only
against kdevcpplanguagesupport.

>> 2) When calling ICore::self()->sourceFormatterController() how to get users
>> specified formatter.
there is ICore::self()->sourceFormatterController()->formatterForUrl(url)
- I never
used it however :D

Niko