[KDevelop-PG-Qt] [Patch] Full CC-Example

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 18 13:56:29 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag 18 Oktober 2009 15:32:43 schrieb Milian Wolff:
> On a different matter:
> David Nolden, who wrote the Cpp support for KDevelop, wrote is parser by
>  hand afaik. Maybe one should investigate whether one should take the cc
>  approach. Of course that won't happen before 4.0 as it might break a lot,
>  yet in the future it could make sense...

The parser has been hand-written by Roberto Raggi, and I have spent a lot of
time fine-tuning it for real-world C++. I guess it's very hard to create an
efficient real full-fledges C++ parser with a parser-generator, as nobody is
doing that. And if the C++ parser should ever be replaced, then with something
that is shared with another big project like eclipse, QtCreator or clang.
However, it seems like currently most of those projects are _behind_ us, so I
don't see a reason to even spend a single thought on that.

Greetings, David