IExecuteScriptPlugin

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Oct 3 07:36:54 UTC 2009

On 03.10.09 09:36:13, Niko Sams wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 00:07, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 02.10.09 23:15:10, Niko Sams wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> In the ExecuteScript plugin I created an IExecuteScriptPlugin
> >> interface (just as the
> >> execute plugin an IExecutePlugin).
> >> XDebug plugin should use this interface as gdb does with IExecutePlugin.
> >>
> >> But I can't install the interface in the executescript plugin?
> >
> > Why not?
> >
> >> Should the interface be in kdevplatform?
> >
> > No, it should be installed with the plugin that provides the interface.
> Good.
>
> I install it here:
> install(FILES iexecutescriptplugin.h DESTINATION
> ${INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR}/kdevplatform/executescript COMPONENT Devel)

Thats wrong :) It should be <includedir>/executescript/iexecutescriptplugin.h or
something similar. This interface belongs to the executescript plugin, not
the execute plugin or even kdevplatform (at least currently).

> How does the xdebug plugin find the file?
> As it's a build dependency - some cmake magic is needed here - right?

Yes. If you use /executescript/iexecutescriptplugin.h you can simply use this:

find_path( EXECUTESCRIPT_INCLUDE_DIR iexecutescriptplugin.h
  PATH_SUFFIXES executescript )

to get the right include dir. IIRC EXECUTESCRIPT_INCLUDE_DIR will be set to
<includedir>/executescript then.

> Is there somewhere an example for such a usecase?

I think the qmake plugin in playground has some example, but I'm not sure
(it does have a build-dep on the imakeplugin.h interface). Could be its
simply using FindKDevelop.cmake or something similar.

Courage is your greatest present need.