Renaming of virtual functions

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Oct 3 07:33:17 UTC 2009

On 02.10.09 19:58:04, Carlos Licea wrote:
> > I don't really think asking the user is the best way, and I don't think
> >  this is a corner case.
> >
> > If you wanted to differentiate, you first had to rename the class B method
> > to tell KDevelop it's something different.
> >
> And how I do that exactly? if I rename B's method it will rename A's method...
> and doing it by hand defeats the porpuse.

Huh? How does that defeat the purpose? The whole point of the "rename"
refactoring is to make sure that the "thing" you renamed is equally renamed
in all places. Thats its single sole purpose. If you decide that some piece
of code in a class shouldn't be in method foo anymore, but in method bar,
then use the plain text editor to replace foo with bar. There's no point in
using an extra function for that as that doesn't add any benefit to using
the editor.

IMHO there's no bug here and thats also how other refactoring frameworks
work.

Your mode of life will be changed for the better because of good news soon.