Problem with workingsets and temporary area switching

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 18:00:04 UTC 2009

понеділок, 30-лис-2009 10:28:05 David Nolden ви написали:
> Ideally switching area would cause no flickering.
> A good solution would be making area-switching faster. But this will always
> stay slow, as opening the first tab means loading the kate editor-component
> and the C++ language support.
The problem is that I can make area switching faster, but it will not resolve
the fundamental issue.

Area is currently the named set of opened views AND toolviews AND their
layout.
Workingset is the unnamed set of opened files AND their layout.

Fundamental issue I'm talking about is that workingset should not change the
area, because it should just open files into the current area. For example,
opening new file(s) should never affect toolviews. Currently it does.

Actually, I can see the clash between "Area" and "Workingset". Maybe it would
be good to make areas hold toolview list/layout and workingset hold view
list/layout. Then we'd have no problem with recreating the central widget with
another workingset while still having the same area selected.

> > 3) current file isn't focused after startup (not 100% sure that is caused
> >  by temporary area switching, but can't find other reasons)
> Even after switching areas, a document should be focused, so this would be
>  one more opportunity to fix 2 problems with 1 patch. :)
Yes, that's definitely have to be fixed. If I only knew how :)